Speed !!! more the lack of it

I have found this site interesting entertaining and compulsive ,I am sure that I cannot be the only one that find's  a High Profile site like this run by the RSBP so infuriating as to the speed or lack of it when trying to download into blog's, galleries etc,(I have yet to open this device, even had time to put the kettle on only to return to find it still trying to download with out success) Dispite the fact that we splash out good money for a high speed broadband and subs for enroling into the RSPB community Can some one chuck a bob or two into the meter and get us out of our misery before we all end up mental  "twitcher's" Regards 4D

• Hi Fordie,have to admit ,it is the slowest site in the world ha ha and i have no idea why.

I only upload pics to posts now and have given up on anything else .

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• Well, I left my puter running and when I returned found a  "timed out "  no response from server warning on the screen. Woopie doo   I like you can only download a few pictures onto a blog. Correct me if Im wrong this is 2011  we're in

• I tried several times last night to log onto the site but no luck

As for Gallery and Blogs never managed to get into either :(

But it is one of the friendliest sites around no back biting just nice people willing to give advice :)

Chris.

A very old Shropshire Lad.

• I have complained officially twice now - but haven't received a response.  It is infuriatingly slow - especially in my neck of the woods where broadband speeds are pathetic anyway.

• I have just today installed my new super duper hub from virgin media and so far speed is impressive. I will wait and see what happens when site is busy.;

Sarah

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bramble67/

• Hi Fordie

On the basis that there is always someone who is worse off than you, some of us can tell you that we've not only been suffering it for longer than a year, but also we've had a server update that seems to have had little impact on the site speed.

Best wishes Chris

Click Here to see my photos

• Hi Sarah

I have just had the all new singing and dancing high speed broadband from BT, and this Community still creaks and groans when it is busy.

Best wishes Chris

Click Here to see my photos

• Yep,Yep

The fastest connection in the world will be slow on a slow server, we know its not hardware related as they did that recently, would be good if they could let us know when to expect a software update.

It's both what you do and the way that you do it!

You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren.
    William Henry Hudson (1841 - 1922)

• It's nothing to do with the speed of your broadband. I've got 20 Mb/s (max) broadband which consistently gives me 18 Mb/s and access to the Galleries and profile pages is still diabolical even after the recent hardware upgrade. I'm no computer expert but my conclusion is that it must be something to do with the design of the software.A software upgrade has been promised "later" in the year but how much later remains to be seen.

TJ

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• So is there no moderator or "web police" on here that will respond to complaints or problems, or do they do the birdie thing and bury head's in sand. Just because it works for that loopy Ostrich beggars believe it works here? Anyone out there in the wide blue ether that is prepared to enlighten us  One at a time would be good .