The Forum is Back

After being away since about 3.30 pm yesterday the forum is back. It seems to have come back at about 1.30 am today.

• Shows how addicted I am not only to bird watching but also to this Forum  - was getting withdrawal symptoms and needing a caffeine fix more often whilst the website was down   LOL !!      It will take a while to catch up with the posts and there will be so much activity now after the service interruption that we'll probably crash the site     !!

Regards, Hazel 

• I agree that the software/format is excellent but the performance does leave a lot to be desired.

• Wendy S said:

I believe the problem started when they lost the key to wind it back up again, and then to aggravate things, the "back up" rubber band snapped.

I heard the problem was when the cleaning staff pulled the plug out so they could use the hoover.

[/quote]LOL you two!  - thanks for the laugh!!

• Easily solved get rid of the old rubber band and let's all chip in for some strong catapult elastic no problem for us non techies.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Hazel b said:

In essence there are plans to improve and tweak the system but it is a question of finance

Well surely it is a question of finance with all of us? Some of us might be reconsidering our membership of  the RSPB if it does not supply what we want.

If my ISP does not supply me with a service I get a refund.

[/quote]Tiger, the Forum isn't part of the membership package.  I suspect nobody from a conservation charity would dare to put a price on chatting to like-minded people online when things like Facebook and Twitter are free of charge.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thank you Mrs T

for all your work and the tech team....

It is appreciated...

• I was unable to get into the Community site yesterday evening....and also.....

• I notice there are no "latest posts" on the Community home page between 6.28 pm and 4.25 am.
    • The Loch Garten daily update - which is normally active all the time - has no posts between 6.24 pm yesterday and 4.14 am today.   
  • Thanks for all your feedback and continuing support. Please rest assured we are working hard to resolve the issue.  

To my knowledge, Communities has never been part of the membership 'package'. Anyone can join for FREE, member or not.

Obviously we find 'glitches' as frustrating as you do, but sometimes as with anything 'technical', stuff happens. Please be assured we will try our best to sort these out as quickly as is physically possible.

• Many thanks, MrsT.

The technicalities are all a complete mystery to me, but I realise that its all very very complicated.   We are all impatient when its nesting season at the Osprey nests, and get rather grumpy when we lose contact!  I do appreciate that its all a free service, and that it is in fact much better than it was some years ago :-)

• The RSPB are under no obligation to run a public forum at all but it is good public relations for them to do so.

I don't sign in to this forum that often these days mainly because of the maddening slowness it has taken me three attempts at logging in to type this

EDIT: and two attempts at posting

Pssst! Nudge nudge Wanna see some pictures Here