The Forum is Back

After being away since about 3.30 pm yesterday the forum is back. It seems to have come back at about 1.30 am today.

• It is fantastic TIGER,,,but RSPB are aware of problems and don't seem to have done much to resolve them or offered an explanation

• Mike B said:
    In essence there are plans to improve and tweak the system but it is a question of finance

Well surely it is a question of finance with all of us? Some of us might be reconsidering our membership of  the RSPB if it does not supply what we want.

If my ISP does not supply me with a service I get a refund.

• Not being a technical person (sorry) I am currently unable to advise myself, but I will flag this up with the techies. All I can ask at the moment is for your continuing patience and understanding.

C

• Well my membership to the RSPB is about protecting birds and habitats (and everything else that comes with it!). The website/forum is a bonus and is certainly NOT why I choose to be a member. Surely it's about helping to protect wildlife, not to get what we can out of the Society.... I'll get off my soapbox now!! ;-)

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr

• own up who spilt their tea in the tea room and broke it lol

• I agree with Marjus, my subscription to the RSPB is for the conservation of birds and other wildlife. This forum for all its frustrations and problems is a bonus and free. You don't even have to be a member of the RSPB to participate although I suspect most are.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Well said Marjus and TeeJay. When we join the RSPB we do so to support them , not to buy something.

My gallery here

Checkout the forums' Community HOMEPAGE for lots of interesting posts from other members.

• Shane said:

I believe the problem started when they lost the key to wind it back up again, and then to aggravate things, the "back up" rubber band snapped.

I heard the problem was when the cleaning staff pulled the plug out so they could use the hoover.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Unknown said:

I agree with Marjus, my subscription to the RSPB is for the conservation of birds and other wildlife. This forum for all its frustrations and problems is a bonus and free. You don't even have to be a member of the RSPB to participate although I suspect most are.

I quite agree with this the forum is an added bonus which must take time and money to run.I never know if the running speed is the web or my steam powered laptop so just take what I get.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Rockwolf said:

Well my membership to the RSPB is about protecting birds and habitats (and everything else that comes with it!). The website/forum is a bonus and is certainly NOT why I choose to be a member. Surely it's about helping to protect wildlife, not to get what we can out of the Society.... I'll get off my soapbox now!! ;-)

I agree wholeheartedly MarJus!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)