The Forum is Back

After being away since about 3.30 pm yesterday the forum is back. It seems to have come back at about 1.30 am today.

• It seems my posting didn't get through yesterday (ironic eh? lol)

All I was going to say was I would appreciate a little clarity on the matter. Is the problem really a software glitch? It seems to have been going a long time if so! (As a former computer programmer and systems tester in a production environment I do know a fair bit about that, so I am what people might call these days 'tech savvy'). Or is it simply a matter of resources? e.g. not enough server capacity or processing power? If the latter, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a number of people would consider chipping in to help out, in the same manner as they did for Black Jag's osprey cycle ride. Even with my very modest means at the moment I would consider it.

"Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not too sure about the universe..." - Albert Einstein

• Hello. I'm afraid all I can do is acknowledge the problems with the community and assure you we are cataloging them in order to try and address each of them during the upgrade. Our small team is working hard on a number of projects of which the community is one. Thank you for your patience

• Credit where credit due.

Straight on log no messing, able to jump threads and post,without any delays.

So Fingers crossed !!!!!!;and thanks to those who are helping to suss out the problems.

• Unknown said:

Hello. I'm afraid all I can do is acknowledge the problems with the community and assure you we are cataloging them in order to try and address each of them during the upgrade. Our small team is working hard on a number of projects of which the community is one. Thank you for your patience

You were enormously helpful to my husband (Limpy) when he called up yesterday - many thanks for being so helpful when you've clearly got so much to do!  It's very much appreciated.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Well, I can't find it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please would someone post the ''new'' address for the page that has ALL the Osprey threads. Thank you

• Shane a lot of folks good nature is at the end  at present. Not sure if this posts. !!!

• Hi Cirrus

Am in the same boat.!!!!!!!!!

• I just spent over 6 and a half minutes waiting for this thread to load.  Then I spent over 5 and a half minutes to get from the first page and jump to the last post.....  a total of time out of my busy life of 12 minutes....... all so that I can come on and say:  I won't be clogging up the system with my posts until all this is sorted out :-(((((

• Cirrus and fish,

I'm not sure why you're having a problem, as the address for the Loch Garten Ospreys Forum hasn't changed - at least, my old bookmark still works:

Click here

Also, do you know that if you're in one of the LG threads, clicking on the link I've marked in red will take you to the Forum.