Question

How do I get a post marked with a red question mark ?

I posted a question yesterday and while I got a reply it didn't  answer the question, so I'd like to mark it as such.

Thanks

Andy

Check out my website www.stuartimages.co.uk

• Hi Andrew

It depends on where you post and what type of thread you create. Discussion threads don't have a right or wrong answer so don't have the answered/unanswered symbols. A question thread does have this functionality.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Bob,   That would presume the "expert" didn't know the answer  !!!

• Once a post is up then I don't think a symbol can be added to it, i've just tried and failed. However i've had a tinker behind the scenes and changed a few settings to see if the 'ask an expert' forum can be made into either a question/answer thread or discussion for future postings.

By the way, the ask an expert forum was originally set up to link up with our ask an expert feature on the main website, this  was an outlet to share topical and interesting queries we were getting in the wildlife enquiries team.  It has now morphed into an all users forum for answering questions although some may get moved into wildlife questions at the moderators discretion.

Have a look here if you are interested in the questions answered in this feature over the years.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Hi Bob

We did announce this at the start with an intro post, see here - you will notice it has changed a bit since then but we are not that concerned by this, it's generating some interesting questions/discussions. In light of the comments that certain changes have made some of the forums harder to find, I don't think it is currently a bad thing to have a couple of places where it seems appropriate to ask questions, it might not be ideal, but if people are asking questions and are getting answers then it is doing what it needs to do, right?

You posted earlier and referred to the Digital Strategy Review and have had some feedback from the web team regarding Information Architecture, have you added this request to the appropriate thread created by Maurice so that it gets considered as part of that work? 

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Hi Andrew

This has gone a little off topic, apologies, I hope your question has been answered satisfactorily despite not being able to add the question function to your post. You should have the option to post as either a discussion or Q and A next time you post in either wildlife questions or ask an expert.

Best wishes

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Thanks guys.

I would like to add that I have been on many sites with forums over the years and I have found this site to be the hardest to navigate.

There are communities, groups, forums, about and chat - that's what I've found to date.  This part of the site really needs a complete redesign to make it user friendly and get more users on board. That's my two pennyworth.

Check out my website www.stuartimages.co.uk