This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

This thread is for things on the community that don't work. This does not include formatting, so if there are issues with the lay out, colours or fonts please see our 'Requests for new features' thread.   

• Unknown said:

This may not be anything you can do Maurice but some people are still not being able to log-on to the site, is it worth getting a sticky up to explain to people that are reading but cannot get on some work arounds ie clearing cookies etc also some are finding problems with the enhanced editor and not being able to post photos.

I think it would help if a thread was up explaining a few "how to,s" as not everybody is tech savvy.

Hi Doggie,

Can you ask these people to drop us an email? web.enquiries@rspb.org.uk?

I'll see if we can put together a "clearing cookies" post too.

F.

• Hi-  can't find where to post for this

BASICALLY when I look through my old posts or use the search box to find a post it shows me it BUT doesn't take me to it IN IT'S ORIGINAL THREAD PLACE .

This is frustrating if I am trying to follow up on a topic and add a post

S

• seymouraves said:
    BASICALLY when I look through my old posts or use the search box to find a post it shows me it BUT doesn't take me to it IN IT'S ORIGINAL THREAD PLACE .

I second this - though it might be deemed a "feature request" rather than a technical issue :-/

• When I click on the Spellchecker I get this

I assume that even if it worked it would be for US English. It would be nice if we could have a British English dictionary installed.

• Yes please, my Friends names and avatars on my personal profile page are still all scrambled egg   :(

OOOPS  ! this VERY second I've just done a ''check'' on my profile page and Lo and Behold all is OK ! What happened between earlier this am and now PM (rhetorical question)

Just pleased all is back in order and THANK you Techie guys

• It will disappear again Cirrus!  They come and go. There one minute, gone the next. LOL.

• I also get the same as TeeJay said for spell checks.  Can you translate what it is please? as it is frustrating.

• It's not a big thing but when I load a photo from Flickr by pasting the URL into the dialogue box the photo doesn't appear initially. I have to click inside the blank preview pane and then it appears immediately. Might just be a quirk of my browser (Firefox). I haven't tried it with other browsers.

• I'm uploading everything from Flickr, Alan. I haven't tried uploading large files directly from my computer.

• This (just about) seems like a suitable thread for this, although it's something that I think works too easily, rather than not working.

I often browse the forum on my mobile, and today had a message pop up thanking me for reporting abuse (there was none!).

I've just tried it out at home, on one of my own posts, and it looks like an abuse report may be sent immediately that the 'Flag Abuse' button at the bottom of each post is hit - meaning that it may be very easy to accidentally report 'abuse' when using a touchscreen device.

It would seem more sensible if a confirmation 'click' was required, perhaps with the addition of a comment allowed to describe the alleged abuse - if this is meant to be required the Flag Abuse button is not working properly!

PS. Apologies to any mods who may have been wondering what was wrong with the posts I 'reported'!