Requests for new features: What would you like to see on the community?

This is where we can pool ideas and aspirations for the Community. Ideas are helpful for us to understand what you want to see, but with our limited resources we are looking to cherry pick the best ones. To tell us about fundamental problems with the Community please see our 'Technical issues' thread.

• Yes, many thanks, Mrs. T!

Kind regards, Ann

• I don't know if it is just me being thick but I always have problems starting a new thread.

I press the New Thread button but can never see which section to put it in (ie Nest Boxes,Feeding Garden Visitors etc.)

I always have to go round the houses to get it in the right place.

Also I always come to these forums via the Community page with all the latest posts but there is no button on that page to start a new thread.

Have I missed something?

I would also like to see only posts from groups I select,I think someone else suggested this.I usually have to trawl through loads of Osprey threads (no offence :) !)to find what I am interested in.

Also can I hide stickies if I don't need to see them,maybe a single button that gives the option to hide or show them.

It's not always easy to hug a hedgehog.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

• I'm the same every time I want to start a thread, I'm unsure where to start it. I've got to look around all the sections to find the right place where to post. I wish it was far easier to navigate these forums.

Regards,

Ian.

• Hi Bob

I have downloaded the Forum Map but I cannot always get the links to work and is a bit long winded!

I do the workaround as you suggest for New Threads but it is a bit of a faff so sometimes I just don't bother.

I haven't been on these forums much lately so i have to remember how things are done!!

Rachel

• Sorry if someone has already brought this up but the email address I registered with is no longer valid. This must happen to a lot of people so why don't we have the facility to change address as necessary?

• Another thing I would like to see (and is on other forums)is the ability when logged in to go to the last post veiwed on a thread.

ie If I am following a post I don't want to have to wade through several pages to get to where I was last.This thread currently has 6 pages but every time I come back to it I am on page 1,and if it is a popular thread I may not remember on which page I left it.

Hope that makes sense!

• madpenguin said:

Another thing I would like to see (and is on other forums)is the ability when logged in to go to the last post veiwed on a thread.

ie If I am following a post I don't want to have to wade through several pages to get to where I was last.This thread currently has 6 pages but every time I come back to it I am on page 1,and if it is a popular thread I may not remember on which page I left it.

Hope that makes sense!

You can bookmark a post so that you can go right back to it

It might not be exactly what you desire but can be very handy.