This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Mike B said:

I thought it was shorthand for What You See Is What You Get !

It is

Brian.

My Flickr

My own humble photo site

• WendyBartter said:

One of my great irritations is the 'altered' reply system in that I can never feel certain that I have executed it properly because it seems to go through an extra step than before & I have had more than a couple of posts just disappear - does anyone else have problems?

I find this off putting too.  I end up coming out of a thread and then going back in to make sure my reply has posted.  I haven't had any disappear but haven't posted much so far as it's still slow.

Edit - this one posted straight away - maybe it's fixed.

Annie

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

Einstein

• Unknown said:

Ps - I am sure that there are dozens of people on here who would have been more than happy to be involved in Beta testing as long as day to reading and posting was not affected

Well said Bob and please don't quite you are a good blogger and well liked.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Hi-

the forum seems from here to be barely creaking along - still !   It's a long time getting fixed and I feel there's no point coming in until it gets going again.

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• I just thought I would give it a try.

Pssst! Nudge nudge Wanna see some pictures Here

• Whoa! on roll now 

• I haven't tried for a while to do that for a while now Alan but the above method does seem to work for me

• Unknown said:
    It will be interesting to see if people like TJ can post photos when he gets back off holiday

I am back but nothing seems to have improved. Pages seem marginally quicker to load but posting photos is still a complete pain and taking for ever or failing completely. I eventually managed to post a few photos but I really can't be bothered to do a report on my trip until things get better.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• It is curious that it seems easier to post photos which reside on Flickr (and possibly other image hosting) sites than directly from files on held on ones own computer.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• This is from my laptop hard drive,

EDIT: it did take a while longer than posting from Flickr but sort of ok.