This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Unknown said:

Hi All, we're making a slight change this afternoon to help us with performance.

You won't see any visual changes, it's a behind the scenes change that might help speed things up a touch.

Not sure of the exact ETA on this, but when I know I'll post up again.

Has this tweak been made?  Just come back and had to login again (which makes me suspect it has) - site response is much brisker than it was this morning....

[/quote]

Hi, yes this has been made a little while ago, unfortunately I had been called away, this is the first opportunity I've had to post.

Thanks,

F.

• I received an email notification for Doggie's response.  First one I've had on the new system!

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Unknown said:

I did too, look top right Joe you may need to turn reply notifications off

Yes, a small change just a moment ago, notification emails are now on.

F.

• yeah, I saw the email notification a while back, but didn't bother altering it since it wasn't working.  Fills up the inbox a bit quickly if there's a lot going on :-)

How long will it be before someone works out the environmental impact of too many emails do you reckon? :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Unknown said:
    yet when i open my profile page in a new tab it is taking 30+ seconds to load...not at the top of the list to fix but just logged.

Same for me but it's much quicker to refresh or open a new page. I've also found that the Insert Media dialogue box opens quicker and I can now upload photos larger than 200kb - hooray.

Not sure whether this error has been reported previously, but when I tried to use the spellchecker I got this

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• My profile page also takes 30+ seconds to open, whether in a new tab or new page, or just overriding the existing page.

Also, when replying to a private message the scrolling is slow - however I do it it scrolls down frame by frame and jumps.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Susan H said:

My profile page also takes 30+ seconds to open, whether in a new tab or new page, or just overriding the existing page.

Also, when replying to a private message the scrolling is slow - however I do it it scrolls down frame by frame and jumps.

Has this always been the case or just this afternoon?

• Unknown said:

It has always been the case Frankie not just this afternoon, could it be linked to why we can't see our friends list?

I think the Friends List is an issue at the moment, I could simply switch it off, but I'm concerned of the impact of simply doing that without testing it. It's noted and will be looked at as part of performance.

• Would be good if you could set it to remove the notification when you have read the post it is notifying you about, at the moment you have to click notifications link even if you've read the post it's notifying you about

Brian.

My Flickr

My own humble photo site

• ibcus said:

Would be good if you could set it to remove the notification when you have read the post it is notifying you about, at the moment you have to click notifications link even if you've read the post it's notifying you about

This will be a feature request. I'm going to try next week to get a thread up in a sensible place to allow users to request features.