This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• What's with the POPUP list of messages, just a few and "See more", then you can only see titles and a user's avatar if they have one but no user name to see who the messages are from.

That is HORRIBLE and USELESS, there was nothing wrong with the old PM system/list.

IMAGICAT

• I am still having problems with notifications - bizarrely, I am just getting them for one thread (and _not_ the one I have been posting most on since the upgrade...)

Also having problems with the 'closed for maintenance' page coming up intermittently - when I open Internet Explorer (LG forum is one of my homepages) on the desktop, and on iPad (Safari) whenever I click on the 'forum' tab - I have to use my bookmark (which works fine, but sometimes only at 2nd attempt) to get back to the main forum page.

The site remains a bit slower than is ideal, but better than it was yesterday. I haven't tried posting photos yet, and not sure I'll bother - not prepared to either go through flickr, or manually resize everything beforehand.

• Whatever else is wrong with new system and there are many, it is the SLOWNESS  which is the worst.

• I am trying out Avant browser and notice that there is a message at the bottom of the pages which doesn't show up in other browsers, so does it provide a clue?  Trouble is, it's tiny and runs all the way along the bottom so I can't screenshoot all of it, but it goes Waiting for: rspb.org.uk/community/...

and on and on and on...

If you click on this version it will be readable:

...continued...

IMAGICAT

• Rachel R said:
    I haven't tried posting photos yet, and not sure I'll bother - not prepared to either go through flickr, or manually resize everything beforehand.

I haven't had to resize any screenshots, RACHEL, but I appreciate that "real photographers" will have to, probably.

When I clicked on your post to reply + rich formatting it went ever so fast!  Probably will go slow when I hit Post though.

IMAGICAT

• I don't have a problem with resizing or editing my photos, having always done that anyway. What does worry me is that the site seems to be getting more unstable/unpredictable, rather than improving, over time.

• Help!! - Anyone tell me how to upload a photo. I don't have Flickr account or anything else. When I click on "insert image" box, nothing happens.

Regards, Jayne

See my Flickr photos here.

• For me, the site has almost ground to a halt. I did get in but it took several minutes for the Main community page to load (this is where I always access the site from via a shortcut on desktop). Very off putting.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

•  

1.4MB uploaded straight from my PC. Very fast. No problems.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• I agree with Bob's_retired_now (forgive any error in name) that the font needs changing - the blog looks dreadful - admittedly it could do with more paragraphs.

IMAGICAT