SPAM !!!

I think Robbo was eradicated quicker than this Spam

I MUST HAVE FLAGGED THE POSTED AND THE POST ABOUT 25 TIME NOW AND YET ITS STILL HERE!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• We had a massive onslaught some weeks back, seemed never ending for a bit but was sorted after much harangiung of RSPB by some posters! The odd one or two bits seem minuscule in proportion!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• It does seem a problem for the admins. I work on an insect forum in France & for moths we have 4 admins who deal with day to day problems. Any new posters have to have their 1st subject approved before they can continue. (It's quite simple, a little alert flashes & then you read the post to see if it's genuine or not before it appears on the forum). But maybe you have too many new people every day?

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• I don't think any admin staff look in on the community ever now! We had 40 odd pages of spam and I had to call them twice to alert them of the problem....and even after all that spam shower no official RSPB member has been back on to reply to our questions put to them.

• Our admins are regular posters (like you) who are given responsibility to sort out day to day running of their section. It's all done by volunteers (I'm one). Maybe it's easier because there isn't so much general activity, but for SPAM's it could work.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• That's just what we've been asking RSPB for but they seem reluctant to appoint someone from amongst our regulars!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• They'd never give a mere volunteer that level of responsibility.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• They won't even give us conversation never mind any responsibility...but we can live in hope lol

• I doubt that you will hear anything from RSPB before the New Year because of staff breaks. They are not responding well to issues on Facebook so there is no hope of a response on here. While you can understand that they will not be reading any threads and therefore will never catch any comments, it is really disappointing that they obviously stopped reacting to the flagging up of SPAM - unless the Software has broken down further and Flags are no longer waving.

Are there really that many regulars now?