Email.

1. I recorded a bird song that I'd like to know what it is but it on my phone recorder. Can I e mail it? I can an seem to get to it on a chat. Any help?
  • Hi, not sure who you would email it to so I don't think that's an option. You should be able to insert the audio clip in to a thread possibly direct from your phone although it's easier if you download it to your computer first and post it from there. Here's how.

Open a new thread in the Identify this forum. Give it a title and then Insert>Insert image/video file. In the dialog box that opens change Web URL to File upload and Browse for your file. You can enter any text before or after the upload of your file. Similar procedure to upload direct from your phone but editor will show a limited set of icons. If at any time you don't see the full editor click on Use rich formatting.

I see in another thread that you've ID'd the bird in question but this may be of help for future reference.

• Hello, I'm a new member living on the Isle Of Wight. I would like to ask the community why at least fifty counted white Egrets have descended on the mill pond which our house overlooks at Wootton Bridge on the Solent coast.
    I have a picture too but haven't a clue how to launch this observation in FORUM. I can't see any 'buttons to push' so to speak and as you might gather am not used to this kind of thing. Can you help this technophobe?
    regards. John
  • Hi John, to insert your photos, do the following.

Hit the use rich formatting at the bottom of the reply box
    Hit the little square TV look a like button from the ones shown in a row.
    Hit photo library, and pick where on your device you have the photos stored.
    Pick the photo you want and it should appear in the white box below. You can change the size by putting numbers in the 2 boxes, try 500 in each, this will post a decent photo.
    If you want to add text, hit the return button and add text under the photo, then post.
    If you want you can do this above on the post where you asked the question, rather than adding another, just hit the more option, then edit, then scroll down to you get the white box, put your cursor under your previous text and follow instructions as above.

Good luck.