Jackdaw Chick

Hi. I hope you can help? 9 Days ago a friend found a chick on the ground. She watched it for hours and there was no sign of parents coming in to feed it. It was being pestered by cats so she brought it in but found she didn't really know how to look after it. Myself and my partner decided to take it with a view to taking it to a wildlife rescue centre the following day. We fed the chick cat food and it was still alive the following morning. After discussion with my partner we decided not to hand it in to the rescue centre as the last 2 chicks we took were euthanised with very poor excuses as to the reasons. So, it's now 9 days later and Rocky is doing well. He/she is growing and eating well. We've been feeding mini live mealworms, cat food and raw mince. Rocky can stand up and has started flapping his wings. He walks around the box. He has most of his feathers but still a bit bare on parts of his back and tummy where there is down. His eyes were brown but are now blue. Research is showing that he could be a Jackdaw chick. I have no idea how old he is or what we should be feeding him. I do realise that all wildlife is best left in the wild but we had no choice with this one and there is no way he would survive if we left him out. Any help and advice would be appreciated.