MrsT or other Moderator

Remember this thread.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/about/f/909/t/114725.aspx

A year has passed since I posted this and although you thought my suggestion was a good one NOTHING happened.

Folks are still attaching photos because they don't know about the need to set the Content Editor to Enhanced. It's frustrating for newcomers and for us who are constantly having to tell them what to do to be able to post more than one photo at a a time and embed them in the post..

If you can't alter the software so that it defaults the Content Editor to Enhanced could you at least put a paragraph at the beginning of your How to thread to explain how to check and if necessary change the setting.

Thanks, it would be appreciated.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I totally second what Tony is saying about the ongoing problem with photos being uploaded as attachments simply because the Content Editor setting is wrong and the default should be set to   "Enhanced Editor"    which I am sure would only take the Techs a few minutes to change.    We have pleaded so long to have this default changed but it keeps getting overlooked for some reason.    I agree with Tony that it is frustrating for newcomers (and us)  to see their photos loaded as attachments and to be honest, we are getting tired of repeating ourselves over and over again to detail and explain to newcomers how they can change their settings to allow photos to be displayed properly within threads and to be able to upload more than one at a time.  

I think we have been extremely patient waiting for the Techs to sort this problem out but its getting to the stage where we feel we are being ignored when in reality we are trying to improve the smooth running of this lovely Community and help newbies.    Surely, it is in the interest of RSPB to have happy new members who will be able to upload their threads/pictures without having to keep asking how they achieve this.   So many have come to the forum and then left which does not reflect well on RSPB.         It's such a simple solution to correct the default setting from what I understand so why is nothing being done ?        We would very much appreciate a response.    Thank you.

Regards, Hazel