How do you subscribe to receive emails when someone posts in a thread your interested in

I can't fathom how to receive emails on certain threads that I'm interested in. I can just see one way to receive emails in settings and then I would be bombarded with emails every time someone post anything from every thread. I remember you could choose the individual threads you wanted to wanted to receive emails when someone posted in those individual threads. But that now dos'nt seem possible now! All you seem to be able to have now is emails from every thread when someone posts in settings. Can someone please help me on this matter? 

Regards,

Ian.

• Hello Thomo,

If you go into email notification on the setting tab you will see 4 tick boxes.

You should be able to receive emails on what you like

J

• You should'nt have to go into every thread to unsubscribe from receiving emails. I've never seen any other forum like that, because as with other forums, you can choose which threads to recive emails from. I would like to choose which individual threads to subscribe to, to receive email from. It's just so time consuming to do that and it also means you receive an email from every new thread created and you soon become inundated with emails. It,s much better to choose which threads to receive emails from. I'm sure before the forum changed to it's present format, 2-3 years ago, you could actualy choose which threads to have emails from.

Regards,

Ian.

• Unless someone beats me to it, I'll try and track down that thread and then create a How to tackle 'Notifications' on the 'How to' thread.

• Thank you Bob, I found a similar post produced by RoyW, so will use these two as templates and create a post this afternoon.