Advice please - fledgling crow

Hi there, I’m looking for some advice please. We found a fledgling crow 3 days on our neighbours driveway, very disorientated and appeared injured at first glance. We bought through to our back garden, no more than 25 feet away and it has been there since. We know it’s not injured and following research the following day, we realised we should have left it where it was. However, where it was found was near a busy road/pavement and there was nowhere within 20 feet, would could’ve popped it for safety. Our road is just cars and people, and the tree we believe it came from, is way too high to perch it back on a branch. No long grass or bushes nearby either. The parents, we believe it’s parents anyway, have full view of their baby and have been down about 4/5 times to feed it. Well, I think it’s being fed, as I can’t quite see clearly enough as I’m trying to hide and keep my distance. I’m just so worried about the little thing. I have left wet bread out which I’ve seen it eating here and there, so it can pick up food. It’s also been drinking and washing in a bowl of water I’ve left. I just worry it’s not getting enough food and I definitely don’t want to put it back out the front, as the road is busy and there’s people walking up and down all the time. Am I doing the right thing? It’s the cutest little thing too, I just get upset seeing it out there, but I know it’s nature. Sorry for waffling!

• Not really an option to put back into a place of danger IMO & goid that you've seen parents know where it is ... quick solution I can think of is to leave a dish of wet dog food for it to eat, parents will like it too!
    Just keep watch!
    Here is a website with info about seeking the best advice ... https://helpwildlife.co.uk/

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Many thanks for your help. I did leave wet cat food out but it hasn’t eaten that. Should I opt for dog food instead or does it not really matter?
    Many thanks
  • Meaty dog food is usually best , was the cat food meaty?  Some live mealworms would be good!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• The cat food was small chunks which I mushed with some water but it didn’t touch it. I’m afraid of leaving more out in case it attracts cats or foxes. We have had a cat appear in the garden a couple of times, luckily it didn’t even spot the baby bird and we were here to spot it.
    I’ll get some meal worms maybe and leave some out. Thanks again
  • Just out of interest, as I can’t seem to find an answer, would the parent crows still come and feed their baby in the rain? Probably a silly question but the rain has been so bad overnight and it’s on for the day, and the poor baby is standing in one spot getting completely soaked. There’s shrubbery nearby which it went into yesterday to shelter, but hasn’t seemed to move positions since last night and looks so sad :(
    We don’t get to see this side of nature very often, and being an animal person, I’m constantly worried about the little thing.
    Many thanks
  • Obviously the heavy rain makes it more difficult for birds to find food but they will be constantly actively looking, this is when supplementary helps most especially seeds & live foodstuff, hope your youngster soon dries off! Rain here in East Kent not nearly as bad as forecast, hope it's the same for you?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• It’s been really here in Birmingham. Today is non stop I think :(
    The baby has taken a little more shelter from what I can see and have/will pop and leave bits of food during the day. It doesn’t seem to want to move anywhere at the moment.
    The parent seems to be still watching (I hope anyway) but not yet come down to the baby. Thanks for your advice again. I can’t bear to see it out there in the pouring rain on its own. I have to remember, they are not pets! I try not to stay out there too long, just drop food and come back into the house. I’m trying not to interact and leave it undisturbed. Bless the little one!
  • Best action Tasha although Crows are very intelligent & hopefully parents watching what food you're leaving out & will come & investigate! Do hope you get respite from the rain very soon, it's certainly been á miserable night here!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Sorry I have another question, this baby has a lot of white, brittle looking feathers in it’s wings. Is this normal?
    Many thanks
  • Found this info Tasha ... corvid-isle.co.uk/.../crow-rook-fledgling-white-feathers
    Have you been in contact with helpwildlife yet to seek their advice?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr