A pond at last!

• In reply to doggie:

A hot bath would be LOVELY, except a) I have to be at my desk, and b) the bathroom is project 2, so no bath :(

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

• In reply to doggie:

A bathroom should be a piece of cake after your pond!  It's looking great, by the way.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Brilliant, Maisie, it looks really good.  Now we just need spring to get a move on :)

Caroline in Jersey

Cin J

• In reply to Clare:

Maybe in a few weeks/months time I can bore everyone to tears with pictures of plumbing and tiling :D

• In reply to Clare:

That's not a pond, Maisie, it's a lake!!  Wow is all I can say.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• In reply to Sparrow:

You will be rewarded with all sorts of wonderful birds etc and all your hard work will be rewarded.

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• In reply to JudiM:

You can always add an outdoor Jacuzzi  Maisie to soak your aching muscles now you're so expert at creating water projects lol    Don't forget to heat it though   !  brrrrrghhhh  it's already -1 deg. here

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Today's efforts...

Started with me and Chris barrowing the finally-thawed-out clay from the driveway through ankle-deep squidgy mud and clay to the end of the pond where I happily squelched around in my wellies making flat edges to the pond for my stones, raising the level in one corner and forming a mouth to the beach area.

Nearly lost my wellies a few times!

Once that was done, it only took 2 barrowfulls of pebbles to finish the beach area :)

Tomorrow I'll be doing some planting along the concrete wall, putting down some spare pond liner as weed membrane around the plants and hopefully bringing out the companion seat and putting the rest of the pebbles around it. Watch this space... with any luck I might even get some photos in daylight and sun so it doesn't look so grim and muddy!

• In reply to doggie:

Wonderful job Maisie, the progress is amazing and as Alan says, can't wait to see it in a few months time when the planting is done and the bird/wildlife is coming in.    Think you deserve a restful Christmas !  

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to doggie:

Never boring Masie, you are going to end up with your own reserve there, think of the hours of pleasure sitting watching everything

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain