A pond at last!

• In reply to Maisie:

You call them cobbles, I call them pebbles, whatever they are still such heavy work and you have done a stirling job of laying them down, I hope you have a good holiday booked somewhere, or is it a hide at the bottom of garden to watch all the fantastic wildlife you will get when you finish this huge project.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Definitely cobbles! The smaller pebbles (a few cm in size) are yet to come. There's a ton bag of them sitting on the driveway *sigh*. I have no holidays booked except for the Christmas period off work, which should be relaxing if I can get a few nice days in to finish this.

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

• In reply to Maisie:

Ooooh, my muscles are aching in sympathy! That's a fabulous way to make the beach, so that there's places underneath for frogs to hibernate, perhaps.

• In reply to Rose Marsh:

I hope you get the weather over Christmas - you're doing such a great job and I can't wait to see the finished article!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Rose Marsh, I hadn't thought of amphibians hibernating under the beach, but I reckon it would be ideal for them!

I wimped out and went Christmas shopping today. I did barrow 2 loads of clay round to the pond and do a bit of paddle stone edging, but I really need to do the edge shaping and with the ground so waterlogged it's impossible :( I'm hoping for some drier days this week so I can do a bit in my lunch breaks.

• In reply to Birdie Wild:

Progress at last! The ground has dried out a little (as in no visible standing water!) and the soil piles have thawed, so I could finally get a wheelbarrow through again. I was even coatless out there this lunchtime and managed to fill and edge one half of the bog garden. I'd've loved to get the other half done, but sadly I had to get back to my desk :(

• In reply to doggie:

Looking good, Maisie. I'm full of admiration for all the effort you've put in.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Well done Maisie. I'm sure you will be well rewarded for all this hard work.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• In reply to Sparrow:

Fantastic progress Maise, you sure have worked very hard but the whole project is looking great.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Yay! Side 2 done!

Off to collapse in a heap now!