Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

Scottish Footballers killing Tern chicks

Has anybody come across a story of some Scottish footballers biting the heads off young terns? It sounds apocryphal to me and I can find no mention of it on this web-site, the BBC or even on Google.
  • Clare Bailey said:
    Simon didn't start this thread with any malicious intent

I absolutely agree! And even though the Torsten Frings-Joke is not very funny (at least for me as a German, but I can understand why this is funny for others), one can understand that it does not really have to do with killing birds and therefor is not malicious as far as animals are concerned ( and I can live with everything else). So if you ask me, there is no need to delete this thread.

I would have liked to read the article to the link in Ben A's post, but it takes very long to load, so I have not been able to read it yet. But I really hope that there is a misunderstanding and that no birds were harmed.

Kindest regards, Bente

• I'm not sure Simon meant the phrase 'a great joke' in the funny sense of the word, given what he wrote immediately afterwards.