New bird feeder

Hi 

I’ve recently installed a bird feeding table in my garden about a week ago, it’s currently sitting on our patio around 15 ft from our patio doors and about 30 feet from fencing. 

The feeders are at varied heights, I have the peanuts, sunflower heart seeds and peckish complete mix

I haven’t as yet had any visitors, I’ve sadly got no bushes or trees in my garden, only a couple of planters. Hoping to get a planted shrub soon!! 

I just wanted to make sure I’m doing it properly and that I can expect is it going to be time before I do attract any birds. 

After rainfall, I always clean out the feeders to get rid of any stale or mouldy food. 

I just want to know if there is something I’m missing, or are the birds slightly worried about visiting. 

• So far on my bird feeding journey, I had a sparrow which stopped by the other day for two second and then scooted off, I’ve had a magpie, who’s been feeding off the ground. I’ve also now put out dried mealworms in a little plant pot saucer on the bird table along with another saucer with some water. Hopefully will get some visitors soon. I have seen a lot of thrushes but they just come for the worms in the ground, which is a shame.
  • So far on my bird feeding journey, I had a sparrow which stopped by the other day for two second and then scooted off, I’ve had a magpie, who’s been feeding off the ground. I’ve also now put out dried mealworms in a little plant pot saucer on the bird table along with another saucer with some water. Hopefully will get some visitors soon. I have seen a lot of thrushes but they just come for the worms in the ground, which is a shame.

• Well it is breeding season the now Luke so the birds won't be venturing too far from their nest I guess...oh that is good news the thrush are digging for worms as the ground is so dry in places the now they can't dig! Eh as for your dried meal worms..they really should be soaked in water for 30 mins or so before offering to the birds..and once again its just a waiting game ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)