Annoying neighbour.

Have joined today hoping for info on anti bird scarer's ??. For yonk years have enjoyed lots of bird varieties in the garden. Recently, an immediate neighbour died, and the "gentleman" who has moved in has installed some electronic gadget which has scared the majority of the birds.. only get the occasional goldfinch / greenfinch, but the vast majority have gone. Is there any sort of contraption to cancel out these devices?. I'm trying to keep birds interested with sunflower hearts and bread on the lawn.. at least, the woodies and maggies don't seem to be effected.
  • We have 4 Carrion Crows that are very vocal at the crack of dawn,maybe they are due a holiday.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Hello again.  Have noted the very plausible suggestions.. Carrion crows, a Rookery, Goshawks......... a gun..... will give careful consideration to the ----.

l have been leaving bread on the lawn overnight for the early 'noisy' risers, and felt a warm glow seeing no crumbs left..... aha, then thinking "rats" (animal type), so left my night camera recording.. it's the fox !! - didn't mention before, but also leave food out for a vixen who usually visits around 10.30 ish.. she's about 5 year old now and during the light nights, on occasions, she permits me sit and talk to her while she eats.. but seeing the recording she is also eating the bread (which surprises me), so that's a bright idea to forget.  Must admit though, l'm not really much for retaliatory idea's , it makes me a bit like him.   Oh well, a nice Rioja is called for... Cheers folk.

• Hi just came across this post.Cant understand why your nasty neighbour has gone to all the expense of this high tech equiptment to stop birds waking him up.

EARPLUGS!!!!!  Couple of quid from Boots!

Do hope either your neighbour has moved to a nice 'quiet' city or that the local birds have become accustomed to the scarer and just ignore it.

• I've just had an argument with a Neighbour today about these Ultrasonic cat detterents. They are not actually harmless and some of them are illegal. There are governed by the Law and if found to cause suffering to an Animal can mean a fine is imposed. These Ultrasonic devices are very harmful to Gerbills and Hamsters which can detect these devices in the hone so the Law must be followed and the correct setting applied. I stood next to one of these devices and instantly felt a headache so they are not harmless.