Threat to Kittiwakes Nest Site - Well done Police and RSPB

Amasing what can be achieved when people work together

Kittiwake nesting site of 40 plus years in South Tyneside was threatened because of Dock Works. See report here

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
~ Mark Twain

• Good news. It does seem that people are much more aware of the need to protect and conserve wildlife these days and are ready to do something about it.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Problem is, it's still threatened.  The second the kittiwakes are gone the works will continue.  I can't believe one of the responses I read - it finished with the sentiment that jobs are more important than gulls.  Maybe for our species.......

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Yes still threatened after nesting, and as far as I know these are the only inland nesting kittiwakes around these parts anyway. I'm sure they could provide an alternative if they could be bothered

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain