Neighbour shooting wood pigeons with an air rifle

Are there any laws that I can be armed with when making a complaint to the police about a neighbour who kills wood pigeons. The poor birds sit in a large beech on the fence line of our properties, in an urban area of London (the neighbour attracts them in with bread) and are then targets for this man's air rifle. Apparently he cooks them to eat. Complaints have been made in the past but it has not detered him. Very often he only wounds and once the bird did not fall but was trapped by the branches until it was dealt with by crows.

• i know it is a strong word and shouldn't be used lightly. but i hate hate hate air rifles. they are the most evil weapon i can think of. they are evil because the people who sell them usually target kids. 

kids don't think before they discharge and this can lead to serious injuries for innocent bystanders.

evil evil evil things.

• hello all,

we had this 4 years ago, when our neighbours boys shot pigeons, my husband phoned a bird sanctuary in Clacton and they said always report it to them or the rspb.  It is disgusting they should have air guns.

I don't think it should be allowed as they can be a nuisance, but they have a right to be in the garden,like all the birds.

From

Jenny