A poorly swan. What shall I do?

So there is large group of swans now right in the centre of Ipswich, most look fine, they are active and stay in water. Apart from this one, it was on the same spot yesterday, it doesn't look well, it doesn't move even when people cycle by. Do I need to report it anywhere? Where?

• So gov.uk says call RSPCA or contact your local council. The RSPCA's robot almost literally told me "your call is not important to us" and the local council can do dead animals removals, but this one isn't dead. I ended up emailing Defra's helpdesk. It's amazing there's no simple way to report sick birds, considering how dangerous the flu is.
  • Well, I couldn't find a way to report any number of birds, it's not like it was dismissed because it was just one. And yes, I assumed it was the flu and that there was a system in place to report cases, so people more knowledgeable than I could decide what to do exactly (treat birds, track them, kill them, alert local farmers, something else or nothing). I couldn't find any traces of that system so I asked here, but apparently it just doesn't exist.

Also it seemed rather inappropriate to have a dying swan right next to a skate park full of kids.

Still not sure what to do if the resident family is infected. I guess nothing.
  • Don't touch any of the dead Swans as if they have Avian Flu they will be highly infectious!

Regards,

Ian.

• This is the advice on Swan Lifeline's page under their Emergency pop up:

Please never touch a dead or sick bird, or any swan or cygnet during Avian Flu. You should call the Defra helpline (03459 33 55 77) if you find a) 1 or more dead birds of prey or owls; b) 3 or more dead gulls or wild waterfowl (swans, geese and ducks); or 5 or more dead birds of any species.