Skylarks (help please)

Hello everyone, new to this site & looking for some help please.... I live in Daventry, Northamptonshire where we have a lovely area of land known as Borough Hill (an old iron age & bronze age heritage site) To my knowledge it has no special status but we are lucky to have nesting skylarks as well as an abundance of other birds/mammals. My query is.. one of the fields yesterday was (in basic terms) being flattened by the farmer, he had some huge heavy contraption being towed by his tractor taking out all the ant hills (green woodpeckers wont be happy), filling in rabbit warrens etc. I phone the council only to be informed that they sold this particular field so they cant help ! I am seriously concerned about the Skylarks nests which if not fledged will be trashed now, Is there anything I can do ????? Many thanks
  • can't see anything being done now Cheryl for this field

Enquire if the council has sold any other land from this site

and maybe look into stopping work before it starts

Maybe your local environment office can help

Surely the council should have checked for rare species and sold land with conditions

Ray

• Thank you both, i have to say the council were quite rude when i called in yesterday (as i presumed they were the land owner, (they kept that sale quiet!!) I think i will try to find the owner & contact them, as you say they land should have been sold with conditions.