identification of a killer

this may be in the wrong place ,,,will learn after this post, this post is a quickie,forgive me . I had an account but cant log in no more. this guy driving this van is responsible for shooting crows,ravens,jackdaws,ducks,seagulls,..all in a factory industrial estate, police and rspb/pspca was notified. if anyone can sharpen up the image I will get to work on HIM. SIDE NOTE, I have thousands of pictures and see behavior only a few of you may see(breedind season up and coming), seen birds feeding each other, mating , dying of disease,etc. hope to become a part of the team and meet new friends in the area with similar interests. im in ebbw vale. anyone who can sharpen up the image is my new best friend, image captured with phone , I usually use a Nikon d3100 or p5100. thank you if you try and thank you if you are unable, but feel for my cause. didn't know how to upload photo to forum , so plz check out my photo section, thx.
  • sorry, RSPB downgrades their photos, and as im out of work I cant buy any programs to try and clear it up.. will have to let the killer carry on for another year as the police and rspca/rspb didn't do nothing last time.

• If he is being paid to remove pest species, or has permission to be there and has permission to remove the birds if they are causing damage... then there's no law being broken, so the police won't do anything apart from basic checks to see if he has permission to do it.

Take note that if you "get to work on him" You will be the one breaking the law, and the police will do something about it.

Also... be careful that you're not actually breaking the law by photographing him... unless of course you have his permission to do so. :D

Andy Beattie Photography Halifax, West Yorkshire http://andybeattie.co.uk http://facebook.com/AndyBeattiePhotography
  • All birds, their nests and eggs are protected by law and it is thus an offence, with certain exceptions (see Exceptions), to:
    •intentionally kill, injure or take any wild bird
    •intentionally take, damage or destroy the nest of any wild bird whilst it is in use or being built
    •intentionally take or destroy the egg of any wild bird
    •have in one's possession or control any wild bird, dead or alive, or any part of a wild bird, which has been taken in contravention of the Act or the Protection of Birds Act 1954
    •have in one's possession or control any egg or part of an egg which has been taken in contravention of the Act or the Protection of Birds Act 1954
    •use traps or similar items to kill, injure or take wild birds
    •have in one's possession or control any bird of a species occurring on Schedule 4 of the Act unless registered, and in most cases ringed, in accordance with the Secretary of State's regulations
    •intentionally or recklessly disturb any wild bird listed on Schedule 1 while it is nest building, or at a nest containing eggs or young, or disturb the dependent young of such a bird.  

Given the species you have mentioned, I would recommend taking a look at the Exceptions section link above, as this individual may well be carrying this work out legitimately. If this individual is controlling these species without a justifiable reason, say for example, that he just doesn't like them, then they would be breaking the law and I would recommend contacting a Wildlife Crime officer, who is based at your COUNTY police station and not take matters into your own hands.

• it does sound as if the man has a contract to get rid of birds causing a nuisance in a working environment and if so like it or not he may be 100% legit.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can