Kingston College Peregrines 2019/2020

Over the past few months I managed to secure funds to extend the rooftop safety rail beyond the nest box. That allowed me to remove the old box, which was about 8 years old and needed replacing. We are in the process of building a new one. This will have two sides and a pitched roof. I have six 20kg bags of pea shingle ready and we are going to move at least two of the cameras next week. However...

Top right of the photo

They remained on the side of the building for at least 5 hours.

I borrowed a Canon camera from a member of the public who was hoping to do some filming at the rear of the college. Quid pro quo and all that. He's going to share the files via Google Drive as they were shot in raw. I will add them once I receive them. The photos above were taken with a basic Nikon and a 50mm lens. I borrowed that from the theatre manager!

The problem I now have is, do we have time to complete the construction and installation of the new box? I have not seen the Peregrines together in flight, but they seem happy enough in one another's company. A lot of dining has been taking place near the nest box and we also have to have repairs carried out to the small platform near the nest. I hope the birds aren't so far ahead in their courtship that they are likely to nest. Is that unprecedented? I notice that the Sheffield birds seem to be paired. At least I don't have a shrubbery to deal with! I might have to put back the old box at this rate!

YouTube link to Camera 1

YouTube link to Camera 2

YouTube link to Camera 3

There is also a Twitter account

THIS YEAR'S DATA:

Egg #1 laid 17-03-20 at 23:34:04

Egg #2 laid 20-03-20 at 09:43:51

Egg #3 laid 22-03-20 at 21:33:10

First chick hatched 30-04-20 at 07-41

Second chick hatched 30-04-20 at 11-00 approx