Kingston College Peregrines 2019/2020

• We finally finished the box today and installed it on the roof. There was zero space between the roof and the pipes, but that should help to keep it all in place.

There is a welded frame bolted to the sides of the box and that supports the roof. The small return on the rear right also offers some support to the structure.

Within about half an hour or so, both Peregrines were on the parapet near the nest. Hopefully that is their seal of approval. IT are working on getting the cameras up and running.

Thanks to Gary, Dave, Dean, Bryan and everyone else who was involved in the design and construction of the box. Thank you to Lorraine for sorting out the purchase orders. Big thanks also to Mike and Catherine for their support and patience throughout as well as authorising the funding. Let's hope the Peregrines see fit to use the accommodation.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Fabulous piece of work, surely Peregrines will love it? Well done everyone involved in giving us hope of viewing successful breeding in 2020!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Great piece of work! I'll be keeping an eye out for them when visiting Kingston. :-)

"Let loose the Kraken!"

• Thanks, Paul. Fingers crossed that the birds like the new box.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• I see Paul hasn't put an update on here so I'll copy his tweet across and try and post his photo.

twitter.com/.../1214301311858094081

It's looking promising.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Thanks Alan and of course Paul

Tis indeed looking good

• In reply to Alan.:

Oops! Completely forgot to post the pic. Thanks Alan. No luck yesterday, too grey and overcast for in flight shots. Today doesn't look promising either.

• Same here Paul next day that looks like a bit of sunshine is Friday, if it stops like that i'm nipping up to Sheffield.

My Flickr photos

• I've left the camera at work, just in case. I don't want to keep lugging it back and forth with the big lens.

• In reply to monkeycheese:

monkeycheese said:
    Let's hope the Peregrines see fit to use the accommodation.

Well here you go, look who just flown in with  full crop

and flown