Cornish Barn Owls 2018 (C) Barn Owl Trust & Wildlife TV ... all pics/vids posted with their kind permission!

Happy New Year everyone!

Great start with lovely captures of our pair ... but mighty strange about that 'third' one ... maybe a late 'first footer'  Lol!

Good to have some colour Scylla, hope you are continuing to improve!

Gales seem to be a bit of a fixture just lately, another blow overnight promised here, stay safe all!

Parents
  • 20:07 From being what I thought was an empty barn, she landed on the tray and then left

20:42 One on the back beam

20:58 One on the back beam

To the box and then left the barn

21:00 Back in, onto the middle beam

To the ledge

Onto the box again

21:01 A quick look and then left the barn

There has been no rasping

21:21 Now there is, very close to the barn, 4 or 5 long rasps. A brief lull and then the calls started again.

21:23 It came in onto the tray, then on top of the box and then flew to the back of the barn, out of view.

21:26 On the back beam, calling

21:40 After preening, went to the top of the box and then flew out. Still rasping

22:30 Still nearby and continuing to call

23:12 I thought there may have been a food delivery outside (quick, excited rasps from the juvenile) but it hasn't come into the barn and is continuing to give its usual call.

23:20 Two juveniles food begging now. The one I've been hearing throughout this evening has been the male (higher tone) in comparison to the female's lower tone

23:25 Both are very close to the barn, possibly at the exit.  Goodnight

• 20:07 From being what I thought was an empty barn, she landed on the tray and then left

20:42 One on the back beam

20:58 One on the back beam

To the box and then left the barn

21:00 Back in, onto the middle beam

To the ledge

Onto the box again

21:01 A quick look and then left the barn

There has been no rasping

21:21 Now there is, very close to the barn, 4 or 5 long rasps. A brief lull and then the calls started again.

21:23 It came in onto the tray, then on top of the box and then flew to the back of the barn, out of view.

21:26 On the back beam, calling

21:40 After preening, went to the top of the box and then flew out. Still rasping

22:30 Still nearby and continuing to call

23:12 I thought there may have been a food delivery outside (quick, excited rasps from the juvenile) but it hasn't come into the barn and is continuing to give its usual call.

23:20 Two juveniles food begging now. The one I've been hearing throughout this evening has been the male (higher tone) in comparison to the female's lower tone

23:25 Both are very close to the barn, possibly at the exit.  Goodnight

Children