Springwatch Poll - Your favorite moments!

Here's your chance to choose the best moment from this years Springwatch!

• Water rails for me, stars of the series in my eyes!

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Sorry, but I absolutely cannot vote just for one. The railings were indeed fantastic, but I so enjoyed the Microworld and also Richard Taylor-Jones' films are simply stunning! Am enjoying the afternoon shows too although got lots to watch yet as all recorded! Lol!

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr

• I thought this was arguably the best Springwatch ever. The whole team performed exceptionally well and the camera work was as superb as we have come to expect.

I think the late Spring meant that we were able to see many more of the birds nesting and in many cases actually fledging. Seeing the intimate lives of the ground nesting birds including the predation was amazing. I was particularly thrilled to see the mouse like Grasshopper Warbler on its nest - a bird I've only seen once before.

I think most of the silliness and dumbing down which has dogged some previous episodes was largely eliminated. There was, in my opinion, some good educational material which was well presented and I learned a lot of things which I didn't know before.

Hard to pick just one favourite moment but if pressed it would have to be the Water Rail. They are hard enough birds to see at the best of times but to see them nesting and the chicks fledging is a very rare and special moment.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• It's impossible for me to pick a favourite. There was hardly a moment when I wasn't totally engrossed. I particularly enjoyed seeing the amount of background work that goes on round the clock to bring the scenes to our screens. Nick Baker's Springwatch in the Afternoon was exceptionally good at that , as well as providing some additional wildlife material.

My gallery here

Checkout the forums' Community HOMEPAGE for lots of interesting posts from other members.

• Superb series - agree that it was the best so far - & looking forward to more in the 'Summer of Wildlife'

CJ

• What photo did you post Alan? I was wondering if anyone from here would enter a pic in...

Cheers, Jason

• Oh I remember that one! If they'd said it was Doggie's photo, I might have realised who it was! Lol! 'Twas a lovely shot, even if only glimpsed briefly!

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr

• Aw that's a shame Alan, can you re post on here, I do remember the shot but like to see it again to re jog memory :) They did get the names mixed up a bit didn't they lol......

Cheers, Jason

• Ah yes I remember!! Its a brilliant photo!

Cheers, Jason

• Not sure you got your deserved 15 mins of fame Alan,  more like 5 seconds of fame and as you say, they stuffed up on it which was a pity as it is a fantastic photo and deserved a better viewing, however, congrats on the screening of it and as you know I am a big fan of the long tailed tits  :)    I just love that photo.

Regards, Hazel