Golden Eagles (BBC program: Tribes, Predators and Me)

Just posting up a link to a BBC television program which I have just watched and thought it well worth mentioning.      It is about Golden Eagles being trained to hunt in Mongolia by the Kazakh people and includes beautiful detailed footage showing the beauty and power of these magnificent birds;     all eagles are eventually released back to the wild so they can breed (they only use female Golden Eagles for their power and size)   and includes showing one eagle being returned to the wild where she began life so she can hopefully breed and live freely.   

Regards, Hazel 

• I think I saw this when it first came out but well worth watching again. Gordon Buchanan is a fabulous wildlife cameraman but he is so much more than that. I've watched his material over many years and have been in awe at the dedication and hardship he endures to make these films.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Like you Tony, I was so impressed with the filming and his respect of not only the Eagles but also the Kazakh people, as you say the dedication and lengths he goes to to produce such amazing films is impressive. It was sheer fluke that I saw it as I was channel flipping to see if there was anything worth watching !

Regards, Hazel 

• I have seen this before Hazel, a lovely programme and story. Anything that Gordon films is always a must to watch.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks for the link, Hazel. We've watched it and very much enjoyed it. Amazing scenery, the birds were wonderful and the people were so welcoming and kind to Gordon.

Kind regards, Ann