Morden Hall Park

Yesterday I was in Morden and realised that I hadn't been to Morden Hall Park for ages, maybe as long as eight years. It was a beautiful sunny morning, so I took the opportunity to spend some time walking around the wetland area as well as the woods. The wetland area now has a boardwalk running through it. Previously it was a muddy path. Here are a few photos of some of the wildlife that I saw. I also heard at least two Cetti's Warblers, but did not see them (this time).

Spotted Flycatcher (I think)

ID required on this one please. Warblers are (still) not my strong point.

One for Hazy

Having a boardwalk in the wetland area means that the invertebrates can sun themselves on the walkway

ID required again. This might be the same species as the previous warbler.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Lovely set. I think you're right with the spotted flycatcher but I'm also crap at warblers so let's hope someone else comes along to perform the necessary miracle!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Glad you got back to Morden Hall Park, Mike and I remember our visit with you a few years ago and I think we saw a Firecrest then. !! Lovely to see the Spot-fly and also the warblers, one that seems to be doing an impersonation of a woodpecker LOL. They look quite lemon in colour like WW but will leave the experts to ID them, whether WW or CC wonder if they are juveniles. A good number of dragonflies as well. Very nice post Paul and good to see your photos again, thanks.

Regards, Hazel 

• A nice set of photos Paul, and glad you had a good day back at Morden Hall, not a place I've heard of, let alone visited, even if it was after eight years!

• Wonderful pics MC & great to have you posting on here again!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr