Merlin at RSPB Saltholme Teesside

Two Merlin showing well at RSPB Saltholme

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
~ Mark Twain

• Beautiful shots - so often, you only see them at distance.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Thanks Nigel They have been coming quite close to The Phil Stead Hide. The young ones have been gorging on Dragon Flies

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Excellent Judi - I'm thinking of popping down there next week

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• I’ve just tried to post a reply about my visit to Saltholme last weekend and saying how good your photo’s where Judi and I had typed out a lot of sentences and it was a very long post and for some reason my reply has just disappeared . It’s happened quite a number of times recently, grr.

Regards,

Ian.

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Worth a visit Bob The juv Marsh Harrier is showing well and we had Egret and Greenshank too

~ Mark Twain

• In reply to THOMO:

Aaw that's a shame Thomo but thank you for your comment re my photos

~ Mark Twain

• A lovely bird to see so clearly Judi and fabulous photo captures.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Thanks Hazel

~ Mark Twain