Wildlife of Spain and Africa

obviously as most people here know im in the uk but what not everyone knows is that I have been looking into where in Spain and Africa I can find Wildlife emdemic to Spain and AfricaIm having alot of difuculty decideing. iv been at it for 2 weeks now. iv allways wanted to go to Africa so im thinking of finding emdemics in North Africa and possibly visiting the canary islands but at the same time to get abit of both but at the same time I could just go to the canary islands directly for my holiday but if i only go there I womt see any endemics from Africa aswell and i havnt ever wildlife watched in Spain or Africa or been to the canary islands or North Africa before if anyone has beem on holiday to the canarys or Africa or would be able to help me fimd endemic species on both islands to help me 

decide based on what endemics enhabit the islands please let me know, Iv got until next week 

• Hi-

plenty of info on birding the Balearics on google-

Majorca is better than Menorca in most peoples opinion-

Personally I think Lesbos beats them both

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• has anyone been to Psara or to Chios in Greece for Wildlife watching?  Psara and Chios is near Lesbos  

• the island I chose last time didnt work out with acomodation and things like that but me amd my support workers have found somewhere but its not going to be going to the Greek islands  shall I tell you where or keep it a secret until Iv gone snd then come back? 

• it has lots of endemic species of Birds and its not Tenerife

• Stop teasing us, Zo, and tell us where you are going. Is it another island and what do you hope to see there.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• sorry about that I didnt mean to sound like  I was teasing as such I just wasnt sure what people would prefer  if they would prefer me to tell them or keep it a surprise until I go away and come back or not but thought I should still give people  a little hint at least. 

yes im going to another island. it is the Spanish islands. the Choices I had left was the Canary islands or the Belaric Islands. I decided I wanted to go to the Canary Islands where they have endemics on each of the islands but I didnt want to go to Tenerefe so I chose one of the other islands in that group. 

I will be looking for the species endemic there  aswell as the other native  Wildlife aswell im mainly going for the birds but Im also going for the other Wildlife that are native to the island aswell.  I will be looking for places on the island where I can find them  but I will also be doing activatys. 

• I dont want to give too much away  cause im not sure if thats a good idea or not but you know where im going at least even if not the specific island

but as a little hint I can tell you that it is one if the islands next to Tenerife so not far and it is very mountainous although some of it is flat.  it also has a finch named after it

• Zo Clark said:
    I dont want to give too much away

OK not difficult to work out which one so I won't give it away. Hope you see this special bird.

I've only been to Fuerteventura in the Canaries. Only saw one endemic (Fuerteventura Stonechat) but there was one special bird that you would be hard pressed to see even in north Africa. 

Houbara Bustard.

Have a great holiday.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream