Great White Egret

Great White Egret

Great White Egret

Mute Swan

Kestrel

Kestrel

Kestrel

Kestrel

• Thanks Linda you have got to love a Kestrel haven’t you especially when they pose for you like it did and I was only there in the afternoon, but what an afternoon it was, to see so much in such a short time.
  • Hi ILR,
    I've never been to St Aidan's although must have been quite close on trips to the Yorkshire Dales, another one to add to the list of must visit one day.
    You look to have had a great visit with a good variety of sightings.
    The unusual sight of the Kestrel perching in the twiggy tree stood out for me.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Trevor
  • Thanks Trevor one tip I would give you from my experience is if you do visit St Aidans try and get there early in the morning as there is usually more to see plus another advantage is it is a large site and you will give yourself more time to get around it. On the day I visited I had been out for a walk with a friend around our local reservoir in the morning and I decided to go to St Aidans in the afternoon it was a glorious sunny day so I thought I would make the most of it. As for the Kestrel that was fabulous to see, usually you get to see a Kestrel hovering but it was a real treat to see it perched in a tree for at least five minutes and then flew to two other trees nearby. Glad you liked the Photos Trevor.

• Yes ILR it is an interesting position being between the river and canal and improving all the time,it's only been officially open about 5 years. One thing to be aware of is the official reserve car park is locked at 5pm. That bit belongs to the race course and the guys lock the gates when they finish work. The riverside car parking area or the canal car park are 24/7 so worth remembering if you revisit

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Thanks for the tip Pete It’s certainly worth remembering.
  • A cracking set of photos ILR, and  it looked like your enjoying the sun that is currently covering most of the UK, and as always, a pleasure to see.

• Thanks Mike looking forward to the new arrivals and trying to miss the heavy showers I have been lucky over the last couple of days, how is the leg doing Mike any better ?
  • i love robins said:
    Thanks Mike looking forward to the new arrivals and trying to miss the heavy showers I have been lucky over the last couple of days, how is the leg doing Mike any better ?

You're welcome.

As for the leg, I had to succumb a loaned wheelchair.....

Something I've not had to succumb to a wheelchair since 2016, and hoped that would be the last time. I'm even contemplating hiring an electric one for my next visit to Charlecote to see their deer. Unless something can be sorted quickly, which I'm sensibly losing confidence on.