Crustaceans and /Sea life Wildlife 2022 and 2023

I figured we could include Crustaceans. And  Wildlife we take pictures of that live at sea Sea Life  Exspeacially  in the summer 

I saw this Woodlose near my pond a few days ago. Just chilling out on the stone around my pond

• Young Woodlouse 

Adult Woodlouse 

• if I get the chance to go to Wales again then After I have climbed to the top of that Mountain there. the one I almost made it to the top of then I I will give that sea Zoo a shot cause I have had a look and  it looks like a very good one 

• Zo Clark said:

if I get the chance to go to Wales again then After I have climbed to the top of that Mountain there. the one I almost made it to the top of then I I will give that sea Zoo a shot cause I have had a look and  it looks like a very good one 

If you do go to climb Snowdon, its best out of peak season, but not winter. The crowds these days take the pleasure away, plus, parking now needs to be booked in advance, and according to a friend who wanted to take their daughter (still at school so limited on when they could go) up Snowdon, to book for Easter and the following week, ten days beforehand was a no go, so they never got there.

• Sorry. I thought I already replyed but it turns out I didn’t.

• Michael B said:
    Zo Clark said:

if I get the chance to go to Wales again then After I have climbed to the top of that Mountain there. the one I almost made it to the top of then I I will give that sea Zoo a shot cause I have had a look and  it looks like a very good one 

If you do go to climb Snowdon, its best out of peak season, but not winter. The crowds these days take the pleasure away, plus, parking now needs to be booked in advance, and according to a friend who wanted to take their daughter (still at school so limited on when they could go) up Snowdon, to book for Easter and the following week, ten days beforehand was a no go, so they never got there.

if I ever get to go on holiday to Wales again then I might see if I can stay near there so that I might be able to climb it. I don’t usually go on holiday to different parts of England during November or December cause my family thinks its too cold to go on holiday anywhere but I usually go around Spring or Summer or October.

Iv been desperate to go crabbing cause Iv seen my family do out but never done it by myself. So my family had to teach me that skill on holiday, Mum was going to go crabbing again when I went to Kent but she found out there’s no Rock pools. Which I found rather interesting. She took it anyway just in case we do manage to attract a crab or two anyway. We didn’t end up useing it though. The most common crabs people catch are shore crabs. There’s differsnt types of crabs you can find at the beach like hermit crab for example  but shore crab is the most common.  I saw some other sea life aswell but I finally got some photos of wild crabs and can send  some photos for the crustacean thread. 

• Lulworth Cove, Dorset 

Shore Crab 

I don’t eat Bacon but the Shore Crab loves it. my family use Bacon as bait when Crabbing. for the Shore Crab the Shore Crab said yummy 

• Before I went on Holiday to the beach I did a spotting sheet to tick off while I’m there to make 

It even more fun after the Beach I only managed to tick off the Shore Crab But even though I didn’t see other types of crab like the hermit crab one tick is better than none. 

Interestingly the Hermit crabs live inside shells like Whelk and periwinkles and as they grow they move 

Into even larger shells. They eat microscopic mussels, and clams. Bits of dead animals and microalgae

They have a curled tail and a hook which lets there body’s fit inside shells they borrow 

And sometimes if a new shell turns up they will form a line biggest to smallest to see which animal fits the 

New shell. They have a exoskeleton on the front of there body’s but a soft tail on the other ha

Half and they use discarded shells to protect there soft tail 

I still looked out for other species that weren’t on the sheet aswell though. 

• For identification purposes it’s a compass Jellyfish