First Tiger picture

I have been trying to click a picture of the Royal Bengal Tiger for over 10 years. My dream came true in May of 2024. It's not that I haven't seen Tiger in the wild. I have seen tigers in the wild several times in Chitwan National park and Bardia National park. However the sighting was either too far or too quick to get a good image of the beast. It is not as easy as the African lion. You need to be in the right location, right time and with the right naturalists. 

There are some serious local naturalists, who keep good knowledge of their locations and habits. First we followed the alarm calls. Also it is important to avoid other tourist groups and find a more pristine location and wait patiently, sometimes hours. Fresh Tiger poops and tracks are also clues to their location. 
Royal Bengal Tiger is an endangered species facing significant threat to poaching and habitat destruction. There are about 350 Tigers in Nepal. Even though the number sounds less, the Tiger density compared to ites area is highest in the world. Thus Nepal is the best place to see Royal Bengal Tigers.  

Royal Bengal Tiger in Bardia national park, Nepal