HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR BIRDING ALMOST IMMEDIATELY - even in your garden.

Hi

There's a lot of stuff about mindfulness ATM - but here's a way to shift your bird finding up another gear.

MINDSET-  just imagine as soon as you arrive at your destination, grab your bins and clear the car and ...

IMAGINE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN HERE BEFORE- 

Pretend you're in another Reserve or country -  It's your first morning out of the hotel- double check everything- EVEN the swifts flying over the car park, 

Take nothing for granted- check that likely looking corner of the car park- maybe nobody else has TODAY!

Check that bird that just flew into that bush- it might just be a Robin -  but it might be chasing a Yellow Browed Warbler.

Scope that corner of the reed bed, go through all the gulls- most people DON'T.

Give a little extra time with familiar species- make them more familiar- there might be something else with them.

Take your time - check and move on- try to get into a smooth rhythm and find the birds without rushing.

If there is a good bird about and no one  sees it- you won't even know you missed it anyway. 

Bird at YOUR pace- not other peoples- you'll be more relaxed and see more birds.

Trust me- this works 

Seymouraves -  I'm not Martin Shaw and I'm not on a horse!***

***  BTO podcast / advert for aftershave I can't remember the name of :)

• Very well said. Thumbsup

I always treat a place as new, and if things aren't there that I'd expect, I'm more then happy to seek deeper.

There's always something going on in nature, sometimes, you just have to look a little deeper and harder.