HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR BIRDING ALMOST IMMEDIATELY - even in your garden.

Hi

There's a lot of stuff about mindfulness ATM - but here's a way to shift your bird finding up another gear.

MINDSET-  just imagine as soon as you arrive at your destination, grab your bins and clear the car and ...

IMAGINE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN HERE BEFORE- 

Pretend you're in another Reserve or country -  It's your first morning out of the hotel- double check everything- EVEN the swifts flying over the car park, 

Take nothing for granted- check that likely looking corner of the car park- maybe nobody else has TODAY!

Check that bird that just flew into that bush- it might just be a Robin -  but it might be chasing a Yellow Browed Warbler.

Scope that corner of the reed bed, go through all the gulls- most people DON'T.

Give a little extra time with familiar species- make them more familiar- there might be something else with them.

Take your time - check and move on- try to get into a smooth rhythm and find the birds without rushing.

If there is a good bird about and no one  sees it- you won't even know you missed it anyway. 

Bird at YOUR pace- not other peoples- you'll be more relaxed and see more birds.

Trust me- this works 

Seymouraves -  I'm not Martin Shaw and I'm not on a horse!***

***  BTO podcast / advert for aftershave I can't remember the name of :)

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box