Ospreys a plenty!

I was very busy in the garden this afternoon when the local Gull population got very vocal. I popped to the bedroom window where i could look out over Exmouth Town and the Estuary where i was greeted with a sight id never seen before. Every Gull in the area was in the air in full cry but i could see anything but guessed an Osprey had come over the Town as one had been reported being seen over the last week on the estuary. Later this afternoon i had a text from a birding friend to say 6 (SIX) Ospreys had been seen four headed for Exmouth around the time I heard the mayhem! When I found time i got on my bike around 18:00 and cycled up the Estuary hoping to see an odd bird. I could not believe it i picked a bird up almost straight away halfway up the estuary. As i watched this bird it banked around and fell out the sky as they do and success a fish captured. Off it went into Powderham estate. I thought that was it and i would have been satisfied if it was. I was just packing up when i caught sight of another bird!! same happened again and another successful dive. How pleased i was to see this action and a couple of record shots as well. No doubt we will see more of these iconic birds on the estuary over the next month as they head on their journey for West Africa for the winter.