Some from The Hideout 2024

After a bit of the alternative Xmas, one not to be repeated, I hope, The Hideout has been a welcome refuge while trying to get back on my feet again.

The Hideout, just a random name I gave it, is my man cave, an integral brick built extension to the garage, which became a convenient dumping ground when we moved in 23 years ago, now nicely converted to a man cave.

A short 4 minute guided tour, no waffle, of The Hideout, which can be viewed HERE.

In my previous The Hideout thread, I did confess to honourably borrowing an annual based theme, so here it starts, and a link to the shorter 2023 thread, "Some from The Hideout 2023";

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/285975/some-from-the-hideout-2023

Not many photos to start with, I didn't fancy lugging the camera and dropping it, but The Hideout has been a comfort, heating on, gentle music in the background and urban nature (if such a term exists, well it does now), going about its business, and particularly nest building.

A pair of magpies seemed to be nest building atop our cherry tree, twigs etc being taken in, then the next day, the twigs seemed to be transported out, and to another tree, most likely a lot higher, further away. it may have been the cherry tree provided a central storage place, or not.....

The Hideout is definitely fulfilling its intended role.

Less of the waffle, and more photos.....

What better than an early sign of spring, daffodil shoots, that started showing very early December, which they always do here.

Mr BB looking for more suet pellets to be thrown from The Hideout, onto the grass....

Yesterday, 13th Jan,

Blue skies

and a magpie enjoying a bathe...

These first few images were taken through a dirty kitchen window, I know, should be clean, but I had been a guest of our fabulous NHS over Xmas/NY

Though blurred and out of focus, I hadn't anticipated the magpie taking flight,

These last few were taken from The Hideout