Butterflies and Moths 2023

Starting off 2023 list already!  7 Winter moths - Operophtera brumata around the front door 

Last years thread for newcomers can be found here https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/279008/butterflies-and-moths-2022

Not sure what I will find this year as I will be possibly be doing more travelling in the UK 

Cin J

• The rest of the Butterfly holiday photos are going to have to wait but I took a picture of this when I was in the garden in Hucclecote last month not on a budlea but there’s bramble’s next to it 

• Iv also got some recent butterflys cause I saw a Red admiral in the garden in Kingsway and then this month I managed to get a few pictures of a few species of butterflys so il send those when Iv transfered those

• Wednesday 9th August 

Gloucester and Sharpness Canal 

Gatekeeper 

On the way to the gate and the drawbridge but in the strip of shrubs down the path on the side. The gatekeeper obviously wanted to do what gatekeepers do and we had to wait for  the gate to open at the bridge after a boat went past before we could cross 

• Wait for it Wendy!!!!

1 visitor today to the white Buddleia lol

Poor thing was getting blown about like mad

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thats good news. Nice photos. It looks like it likes the white Budlea probably wasn’t keen on being blown about like mad but its attracted to it

• Thursday 10th August 

Wholly Gellato, Elmore, Gloucestershire 

• Green veined White 

on Red Deadnettle 

Drinking from the flower on the Red Deadnettle 

• Linda257 said:
    Wait for it Wendy!!!!

Lucky you, they're still avoiding mine!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Iv managed to transfer it. I had to to transfer the video from my camara to my Dads I pad  and then air drop it to my phone to send to the community

I had to trim it into 3 parts  so it’s not to long to send. the first one is 5 seconds long the second video is 10 minutes long and the last one is 14 seconds long 

The Red admiral Butterfly flying over and landing on my hand 

This is the Butterfly opening and closing  its wings to warm up or cooll down 

And this is the Butterfly Taking off