September Outing

Had to go to town, back in September, for my annual meds check, and had recently acquired a new lens, so thought it prudent to go to the old river before the appointment, and try out the lens. I had just shy of an hour to play, so expectations weren't high.... An immediate Kingie changed that!!

Just below and slightly to the right of Kingie, a territorial dispute between a pair of Little Egrets erupted (never seen aggression between egrets before!)

And whilst that was going on, a Grey Wagtail appeared.... what a dilemma...Kingie, Egrets or Waggie??

Can you spot him?

The other side of the river a family of Long Tailed Tits were making themselves heard, and one paused long enough to snap!

And then something I've very rarely seen...a Grey Wagtail in a tree!!

I'm guessing this is a Chiffchaff, in the same tree... but it could be a Weeping Willow Warbler Grin

The winner of the Egret duel took the moral (and literal) high ground

And then a young Moorhen (I think) tentatively emerged from the bank vegetation

Unfortunately, I'd got a bit distracted, and had to run back to the car to make my appointment.... not what you need to be doing before blood pressure etc is taken!! Anyhow, I haven't heard back so guess "no news is good news"!! 

As I'd had a good start to the morning, I decided to stop again on the way home... Perhaps they should have checked my eyes, as I can't make out what this is! (I'm not even 100% sure it's the same bird in all three images, but there was only 5 seconds between 1st and last pictures)

And this may or may not be the same bird again...so thanks for any ID help forthcoming lol

A beautiful Speckled Wood loitered

I decided enough was enough, and went home for a cuppa, and a view of the garden from the kitchen door, camera at hand as I'd decided it as it had been proper chilly that it was time to fill the sunflower hearts

So after giggling like a fool watching the sparrows and starlings in the bath, I decided enough was enough, and packed up for the day.

Hope you enjoyed

Stay Safe All