Cornwall Holiday Wildlife

Rather than post many individual threads, plus withthe internet signal not being brilliant, I'll share some photos of the wildlife seen whilst on holiday in Cornwall, when signal permits....

So if I miss anything, or seem slow to respond, please bear with me, I am on holiday...   Grinning

Penzance Harbour, there were plenty of turnstones

Even turnstones have a bad hair day....

Away from the harbour, there were plenty of cormorants (dinsauromorants)

This one was practicing its life saving skills

"Oi, you, no diving off the harbour walls"

I always seem to struggle to get a clear photo of a cormorant in flight, the next two seemed to come out perfect....

they wanna be togetherrrrrrr

Alone again, naturally (Gilbert O'Sullivan 1971)

A rock pipet...

I don't see many pipets, so any corrections, or confirmations gratefully received.

Limpets

A single  oyster catcher (carrot bill)...

[first photo uncropped, the following oyster catcher photos are all cropped from the same viewpoint]

Tucking in to some nice juicy morsal...

and comes out with a mucky beak! Open mouth 

a while later, a clean beak...

• Two weeks in Cornwall ...lucky you Mike and hope its helping with your recovery ...lovely pics by the way ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• I think the blow dried Rockpipit is funny. At least it doesn’t have to worry about its feathers not being dry. If it was dry it’s even dryer now since it’s been blown dryed by the wind. I think it just needs to sort out the ruffled up feathers
  • Linda257 said:
    Two weeks in Cornwall ...lucky you Mike and hope its helping with your recovery ...lovely pics by the way ;-)

It was good to get away, and thank you.

• That's the end of the Cornwall Holiday Wildlife, it was a fabulous and relaxing fortnight for both my wife and myself.

In view of the avian flu I felt it wisest not to visit any reserves, though I did have a few on my list to visit. Perhaps next year, especially as we have booked the same apartment again, and hopefully, avian flu may have subsided by then.

But I'm not banking on it, not with how rampant avian flu currently is.

Of all the wildlife seen, I think my two favourites have to be the turnstones on Penzance Harbour and the rock pipit that regularly visited our apartment patio hoping for breakfast crumbs.

Thank you all for your comments, and it's back to business as normal, if there can be a normal.....

One of the six or so turnstones seen on Penzance Harbour

One of possibly two or more rock pipits  that visited our apartment patio every morning, hoping for crumbs. At the point the following photo was taken, the patio door was wide open and my wife was walking past with a bowl in her hand and she was being watched, followed by those little eyes.

These little birds don't miss a trick....

• That’s quiet funny about the Rock pipit. It’s good you enjoyed your holiday even though you couldnt visit any reserves you wanted to visit. And I think you took some very good photos aswell
  • Glad you had a relaxing Holiday Mike and nice to have you back
  • i love robins said:
    Glad you had a relaxing Holiday Mike and nice to have you back

Thank you.