A Fantastic Pair

For those of you who haven't already met My fantastic Mrs Fox....link below

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/280115/fantastic-mrs-fox

And NOW I would like to introduce Fantastic Mr Fox!!!

He is too skittish the now compared to Mrs who barely moves an inch if I stand outside, glad to finally see him in decent light.

Hopefully one day soon he too will become  content with the hand that feeds him!!!

Well that's all I got of him so far so back to my gorgeous girl....

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoy my fantastic foxes as much as I do ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Linda257 said:

Interesting, but not surprising.

The need to seek food from far and wide, along with periods of no or little food availability removed, [the wrong words but go with the flow], they are effectively spoon fed and becoming lazy.

I think if the study was widened to other species, a similar scenario will be observed.

BTW, I'm not criticising, I've only just found this thread (or at least I don't think I've seen it before), and there are fabulous photos of your foxes, a very misunderstood animal with a bad reputation. Any way, I can't criticise when I feed animals and birds to try and get a photo or two, that would be very hypocritical of me. Joy

So keep taking those fab photos for us all to enjoy. Thumbsup

regards

John

• Very true John.....
    I have had foxes visiting for 25years...not that I have always fed them ...think I only really started to feed when the school got built over the back on greenbelt land!

Had so many of them over the years ..even hand fed one... and one used to lie in the driveway awaiting us coming home at night...also found one poisoned behind my log cabin!!!

I just absolutely adore them

• Linda257 said:
    Very true John.....
    I have had foxes visiting for 25years...not that I have always fed them ...think I only really started to feed when the school got built over the back on greenbelt land!

Had so many of them over the years ..even hand fed one... and one used to lie in the driveway awaiting us coming home at night...also found one poisoned behind my log cabin!!!

I just absolutely adore them

They are interesting creatures, which gained an undeserved reputation decades ago, that still sticks like mud.

That was sad to find one poisoned, and not easy to dispose of the body, though some vets, and I'm sure the RSPCA as well, will take dead wild animals for a charge (to cover their disposal costs) to dispose of them.

regards

John

• It was very sad to find it John....talking 10+ years ago...bank holiday weekend aswell...had to just cover over and secure with bricks....am sure it was the council that came out and took it away and they didn't charge so perhaps things were different then as they wouldnt do it today never mind for free!!!

• Linda257 said:
    It was very sad to find it John....talking 10+ years ago...bank holiday weekend aswell...had to just cover over and secure with bricks....am sure it was the council that came out and took it away and they didn't charge so perhaps things were different then as they wouldnt do it today never mind for free!!!

My apologies for taking so long to reply, things are busy here atm.

Yes, councils will remove the body of a dead wild animal.

regards

John