A Fantastic Pair

For those of you who haven't already met My fantastic Mrs Fox....link below

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/280115/fantastic-mrs-fox

And NOW I would like to introduce Fantastic Mr Fox!!!

He is too skittish the now compared to Mrs who barely moves an inch if I stand outside, glad to finally see him in decent light.

Hopefully one day soon he too will become  content with the hand that feeds him!!!

Well that's all I got of him so far so back to my gorgeous girl....

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoy my fantastic foxes as much as I do ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Linda those last pics are fabulous, it won't be just you there soon with one camera, you will have the local news team soon :-)

Lot to learn

• Wonderful photos Linda. You're so lucky to get such beautiful visitors ... Relaxed

• Great photos and captions. lol.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks everyone...youngster seems to have an injury to the back leg the now but doesn't seem to be affecting her pestering her mother for food, running or screaming! Lol

• Lovely to catch up on this (and other threads), I can only imagine how our fox cubs are progressing. I see your are still growing in to their ears, but really starting to look more like adult foxes, and those legs, still a bit stubby, but it won't be long  until they're sleek slim running legs.

• Cheers Mike.
    My youngster doesn't hang around much to take notes of its progress...takes food off her mother and scarpers ;-)

• Returned home last night after a lovely family meal out to celebrate my dads birthday and retirement.....

I thought I had an imposter waiting for me!!!

My girl has somehow acquired a black beard in the last 24hrs lol

Maybe it's all the rage these days... !!!

• Linda257 said:
    Cheers Mike.

My youngster doesn't hang around much to take notes of its progress...takes food off her mother and scarpers ;-)

I guess being young they're just cautious.

Ours are (were) captured on the trailcams, so would often be alone, though no doubt one of the parents will be close by. So we often had footage covering many minutes of foraging and feeding, sometimes as long as 20 mins.

Digressing.

Talking of foxes, recently watched a film called "The Belstone Fox" all about a fox cub that was hand reared after becoming orphaned when a group of poachers hunting foxes using terriers, opened up the den killing the vixen and her cubs.

However, one cub survived, and a wise old countryman, Tod (played by Bill Travers who along with his actress wife Virginia McKenna, back then were very much against animal cruelty and between them set up the Born Free Foundation many years later) rescued the cub, took him to a hunt kennel which he had connections where the Huntsman, (the person that looks after the hounds and trains them), places the cub with a bitch who'd just whelped, not expecting the cub to survive.

One of the hounds befriends the fox cub, so a very special bond is built up.

It is a film made in the early 70's so it will embrace and evolve around the attitudes to fox hunting at the time.

Taking that in to count, whatever your views on fox hunting may be, (and I'm pleased fox hunting has been outlawed), it is worth watching, from a historical perspective plus the overall storyline, and even back then, things were slowly changing for the better, albeit very slowly.
    I'll not spoil the plot by saying any more should any one reading this want to watch, but it is a film worth watching with some very interesting and exciting twists, many you'd not expect.
    I will add, the fox cub is a cutie, and the adult fox, does look a very fine animal.
    The Belstone Fox is still available on DVD and  Blu-ray.
  • Aw they are lovely Linda, must keep you shopping to get those chickens!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks CL...I actually have a 4th fox visit yesterday all albeit a brief visit...a think the word is out now ;-)