All about insects 2022

I'll get this one started off with a Marmalade Hoverfly  -Episyrphus balteatus

who was enjoying the sunshine and shelter of the patio

Cin J

•        

Garden  

Daniels Brook 

• Zo Clark said:

I think that’s good. I’ve taken photos of lots of insects And invertrebetes in the garden since I only went for a ride in the car in the back round the local area. So mainly looked at Wildlife in the garden. It was very humid which is good cause otherwise there wouldn’t of been much Wildlife to photograph.

Thank you Zo.

I was amazed the photo came out, I had totally the wrong lens on, a wide angle lens, so wasn't able to get close enough so it was a heavily cropped photo.

• Thats ok. It can be fustraiting when you just can’t get close enough haveing the right lense can be very important. If you forget to bring any at all that can be frustrating aswell. I only do that occasionally luckily. Not haveing the right lense can be a pain. Exspeacially if it’s a chance photo and the animal isn’t close enough. Whilst not exactly the same Iv had similar situations with my telescope. One day probably last year or beginning of this year I went somewhere convinced I have the right lenses in my bag only to find I forgot to bring all of them.
    Or with this second scenario - That blurry photo of the egret I did some time this month I could of sworn I brought my H20 lense which isn’t as blurry cause its not as close and only found out after I used it due to the blurryness that it was the wrong lense. 3rd scenario yesterday I tryed takeing a picture of earth shine with my Telescope in the garden only to find out I didn’t bring my H20  lense aswell as the H6 when I had brought 2 lenses. I only brought 2 H6 Lenses instead which wasn’t much good at all cause I needed the H20. It can be a pain when you don’t have the right lense but I did manage to take a picture that’s the main thing. I think your photo is defiantly very good since you didn’t have the right camara lense at the time.

• Bibio marci - St Mark's fly / Hawthorn fly - normally they are dangling in the air - this one was in the light trap this morning 

Cin J

• Yesterday  evening I found this 10 to 15 Spotted ladybird in my bird bath 

Along with another ladybird perched on a leaf that’s floating in the water 

Today 

Leaf beetle in the genus  Chaetocnema 

I found this guy in the Bird Bath today

Polydrusus formosus  Green immigrant leaf Weevil

a species of  broad nosed Weevil

You can see the insect that’s stuck to 

him or her or his back. 

After a lot of preening and climbing  he managed to get it off himself 

• We did a walk down an old green lane that is part of our local patch and had good numbers of Brimstone, the odd Comma, a single Small Tortoiseshell. No Speckled Wood or Orange Tip showing yet bu they should show if tthe weather holds up

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Yesterday 

Today 

I went to Daniels Brook this afternoon so il start with the Garden first 

14 Spotted Ladybird 

Anthocomus Fasciatus

Leaf Beetle

Daniels Brook 

I managed to get close enough to get a close up.

Hoverfly Sun Fly 

Preening the mouth part

Bee Fly 

• I hope you saw and enjoyed  the insects and invertrebetes I saw. I did get  abit Natty so sent one more picture I thought I should send it in case I forget to tomarow I couldn’t resist the word natty since it sounds like nutty only difference is the nuttiness involved a Knat

And considering I sent a lot of photos I did get abit natty by sending one more photo

r