In My Garden 2022......

Well I think it's time I started a new thread as the old one is way tooooooo long now but can still be found here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/206786/in-my-garden

Also the garden has been renamed Parkneuk Reserve ;-)

Hope you all had a fabulous festive period  and are all safe and well.

I have yet to venture out this year so it's just been me in my sparrowhawk hide (lol) aka Iona Summerhouse

So here's a few pics to kick off the new thread...hopefully get some new visitors this year..well I can live in hope ;-)

Jock taking pride of place in the Sprawk Hide

Had a mixture of sun, Frost and rain

Social distancing lollipops

Ringo hiding

Ringo after heavy rain

Redwing ...half decent pic finally 

And my lovely crows who are always on the look out for Jock!

Thanks for looking and hope you all continue to follow to the progress of my garden

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Don’t put your back out Linda with all the proposed digging
  • Hubby needs to use a tamping bar just to create the hole in 1st place..too many rocks, tree roots..old iron works site... I will do the finishing off lol....my days of running have finally caught up with me and taking its toll on my hip so everything gets done slowly now!!!

• Yes you have to look after yourself Linda
  • A GSW with bling!

Another set of good photos, and good to see the daffs are nicely in bloom for you.

Quite a few of our daffs have been flattened, frisky wood pigeons to blame for that......

• Oh yes Mike that's Ringo..he was ringed as a fledgling last year in my town ;-)

Darn woodies!!! Mines are still quiet for now!!!

• Linda257 said:
    Oh yes Mike that's Ringo..he was ringed as a fledgling last year in my town ;-)

Darn woodies!!! Mines are still quiet for now!!!

That could be handy to monitor your visiting GSW, if you manage to see the numbers.

I'll see if I can send some of our woopies up your way, we've more than enough home building going on around here at the moment.

• Yes I have its partial number and my daughter went on the hunt on social media and a local confirmed he caught and Ringed 2 of them last year....

Oh a didny say a dont have any they are all just quiet up in the trees the now ;-)

• So as you know The feeder pole got put to bed last Friday and all but two pigeons have dispersed....I still have a fat balls feeder  and I put some seeds in the birdtable that's in the corner out the way so I am still getting plenty birds just not so many siskins and goldies.

Had the trail cam out last nice and good to see I still have my mice ;-)

Wee Jenny sat still today, well for 2 secs lol

That will do for today as am having a nightmare with my seedlings...any advice greatly appreciated...sun been shining for days now and fried some of the...sunflowers and lupins are doing OK though :-(

Well stay safe everyone and enjoy the lovely weather ;-)

• Oh dear, poor seedlings, you might have to put up some kind of shading/screening to protect from direct sunlight, ventilation as well Linda, I has green netting on old fashioned curtain rails with metal rings that was permanently on the slanted roof windows, with windows open during the day, keep them watered as well so they do not dry out and when they get established spray plants and even wet the ground, if you can, Our wee greenhouse is a a lean-to on the gable end of the house and inside just concrete slabs, so it was easy to pour water on them from the watering can. It will get very hot inside, hopefully all will be well.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Aww thanks CL, yes window and top half of the barn door open all day...I have been in and out all day giving them a spray and I put the plastic lids against the glass to block some of the sun...but its way wormer than its supposed to be lol