In My Garden 2022......

Well I think it's time I started a new thread as the old one is way tooooooo long now but can still be found here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/206786/in-my-garden

Also the garden has been renamed Parkneuk Reserve ;-)

Hope you all had a fabulous festive period  and are all safe and well.

I have yet to venture out this year so it's just been me in my sparrowhawk hide (lol) aka Iona Summerhouse

So here's a few pics to kick off the new thread...hopefully get some new visitors this year..well I can live in hope ;-)

Jock taking pride of place in the Sprawk Hide

Had a mixture of sun, Frost and rain

Social distancing lollipops

Ringo hiding

Ringo after heavy rain

Redwing ...half decent pic finally 

And my lovely crows who are always on the look out for Jock!

Thanks for looking and hope you all continue to follow to the progress of my garden

• A brilliant start to the 2022 thread, Happy New Year, and lovely pictures of the Sprawk in the Sprawk Hide. Thumbsup

The old thread was very good and I've no doubt this will be just as good, so looking forward to seeing this years piccies as the seasons come and go.

• Thanks Mike, Happy New Year. Fingers crossed this one will be better and filled with old and new visitors ;)
  • Lovely new thread, Linda, and like others, I will be looking in here now and then to see your visitors and your advances in garden development.  Went to close the drapes about an hour ago and it was snowing here, huge fluffy flakes. The flakes were melting on landing on the already wet drive from the earlier light rain, but there is still a light blanket on the lawn.  3C here just now.  Hope the snow stays overnight and only melts in the morning, a bit like in Camelot if you know the original 1960 Broadway version of the musical with Richard Burton and Julie Andrews.  No?!  (Yes, I know, most of you are not old enough to know it!)  When the family finally got the album I played it to death and could have sung every song from memory.

• Woke up mega early this morning...(6:45)...yeah ano nearly the day gone for you PB and Mike ;-)

And I opened the blinds to ..... winter!!!! Ahhhhh!!!

My poor trees....poor bamboo!!!

And poor BB

After coffee and a couple of choccie biccies...

Was starting to get lighter

RRB was waiting patiently for his scattering

As was Mrs BB

Was time to go out and feed the birds and shake a few trees as you do in your PJ'S lol

So after filling up the feeders and shaking the snow off the bamboo and bay trees, I turned to walk back to the house and WOW I look up and see about 50-70 Redwing fly over..no camera, no phone...I just smiled and thought you little buggars but thanks for the flyby!! ;-)

So after a much needed cuppa finally a could feel my fingers again and was time to take some pics

Did someone say breakfast is served

A few hours later and we have sunshine..(no cursing PB ;-)

Oh a lovely Redwing came back to visit...only 1 though!

The sun is blinding lol

Can you tell I was at the window most of the day and done very little work....I shall give myself a telling off lol

Well the snow will be gone tomorrow so I had to make the most of the piccie opportunities today.

Hope you all enjoyed Wink 

• You must have been loading photos when I posted, Linda, because when I went back to correct my errors your next lot of pics had appeared. Lovely that the birds were queueing up for breakfast. You know, you can never go on holiday now unless you get someone in to replenish the feeders--lol!
  • Yeah sorry Ann ...been at it for past hour...I haven't even checked my own post for errors...ran straight to kitchen to put the dinner on as a was getting a few moans lol
  • Thanks Ann well hope I can keep you all entertained through the year again....Oh it seems our snow is freezing now...why can't it just come for a day then melt in the morning like you say lol....1960 is way before my time sorry lol A bet it's a lovely family memory for you though ;-)
  • beautiful additions Linda; it's certainly been a lot colder with a little snow in our area but not staying for long but raining here now ! The goldfinches are such attractive birds, almost tropical looking.
  • We had no snow here but very chilly in garden when out feeding birds. Not at that silly time though Linda, civilised you know about 8.30 when it felt like daytime:-) Lovely to see the birds waiting in the snow and I want a chaffinch tree like yours:-) What a difference it makes when the sun shows, even the birds look so much happier.
  • Sunshine, snow and lots of birdies, what more could you ask for!