Jock the Sprawk Gets His Xmas Dinner Early (not for the squeamish)

https://youtu.be/iOruGpN-6zk

I even managed a wee video!

So after weeks of watching my pretty boy hunt and constantly being unsuccessful in my garden today his Xmas came early...mines too as he sat so long posing...yeah ano it's not for everyone  but I just adore birds of prey ;-)

He had just caught pidge...

Looks like he's posing with his trophy 

I see you!

Nothing to see here...go away Linda!!!

He has caught the attention of the local maggies..well he is sitting out in the middle of the garden!!!

Maggie getting brave

Jock certainly taking no chances and off he goes with his dinner

To the side of the Log Cabin

This spot should do...I had to go upstairs for a better view lol

Maggie was determined to get a bit...

He got a feather!

And after 40 mins or so it was time to try and take off lol

He made it up to the pole before he disappeared into the trees

The pretty boy certainly deserved his dinner . And normal feeding resumed as soon as he left.

No doubt the mafia will show up tomorrow's with reinforcements lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Tony, yes a remember your post of that one. Wow...red kites in the garden! I must admit I have still to see a red kite...Next year hopefully I will get out and about and be fortunate enough to get some pics of some...fingers crossed ;-)

• I went up the garden today Mike and the feathers are blending in well with the stones infront of the Log Cabin lol

Eh well I only took about 750 pics...had just put the frying pan on aswell for a lovely fry up when he pounced so all got abandoned lol...even managed to open the window upstairs for a clearer view and at one point even stood at side of the house...poor fella must have been starving!

Not sure where the Crows were so it was only 3 maggies he had to deal with and that he did well lol

• Linda257 said:
    I went up the garden today Mike and the feathers are blending in well with the stones infront of the Log Cabin lol

Eh well I only took about 750 pics...had just put the frying pan on aswell for a lovely fry up when he pounced so all got abandoned lol...even managed to open the window upstairs for a clearer view and at one point even stood at side of the house...poor fella must have been starving!

Not sure where the Crows were so it was only 3 maggies he had to deal with and that he did well lol

When a moment like that comes around, its get the camera, point and hold that shutter button down.... Thumbsup

I like that terminology; "the feathers are blending in well with the stones", I must remember  that next time Mrs PR starts on at me over pigie feather in the garden....

• Lol, I had the wee camera aswell so was flicking between both although haven't even looked at those ones yet!..

We bought black, white and grey stones so pigeon feathers blend well ;-)

• Am absolutely loving these amazing photos and video, I am also most definitely jealous of your fabulous garden.

What a beautiful place and am sure you get so many gorgeous birds there.

Am loving jock he is gorgeous..

Thanks for sharing.
  • Thanks Kath, my garden is a constant working progress as it's a big garden to fill!
    I also have a thread...rather a long ine now! In my garden which I update regularly if your interested you can see it here.
    community.rspb.org.uk/.../in-my-garden

• Awww thanks I will have a look at all your photos.

Have a lovely Christmas xxx
  • Only take a look if your bored as it's a long thread lol

Best Wishes x